Saturday, March 28, 2009

Its Time to Celebrate Earth Hour Everyone!

Yahoo is reporting that hundreds of cities in time zones ahead of us (beginning with the anchor locations of Australia and New Zealand) have begun making the commitment to lights out at 8:30 PM local time. Buildings in Sydney and Paris, Germany and Dallas, TX have all agreed to turn out and unplug.

I encourage everyone to make the commitment even if you have not yet taken the pledge.

In our house we will be doing the following:

Unplugging
Microwave
Toaster
Living room & bedroom lamps (3)
The laptop
VCR
DVD player
Sewing machine

Shutting Down
The desktop PC
Printer

It is just an hour and such a simple thing to show support for the planet.

What are your plans to turn off for the short sixty minutes?

1 comment:

Judi FitzPatrick said...

As you know, I usually unplug most things when not in use, but do like to have lights on at night, especially if I am out - I dislike coming home to a dark house. Since the timers I use have 1/2 hour on/off selectors, I set both of them to go out at 8:30 and come back on at 9:30. Of course I wasn't around to check, but I assume it all worked perfectly.
Thanks for spreading the word! Peace, Judi