Friday, August 21, 2009

Eco Fashion Friday Featured Video from Threadbanger

If you have been reading Green Leaf for a while it is no secret I have fallen in love with Threadbanger. They have provided me with tons of inspiration to make simple yet adorable clothing out of recycled, upcycled and unconventional materials. This video is no exception to that rule!

In this video they share the secrets for creating a shirred dress. For those not in the sewing know, shirring is created with that elasticized thread and can frequently be found on the top of dresses (like the photo above taken from the video) or tops for the gals.

Now I have two dresses that must be created as soon as possible! I know just the fabric this one will be created from too, it will drape great and be a perfect little black summer dress!

Get creative with this if you sew -- make it longer, create a halter with wider straps, make spaghetti straps for both shoulders, criss-cross the straps in the back -- the opportunities are endless which means by using the same base pattern, we ladies could create an entire summer wardrobe of super cute dresses. I’m in!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings,

My name is Barbara O’ Brien and my blogging at The Mahablog, Crooks and Liars, AlterNet, and elsewhere on the progressive environmental blogophere has earned me the notoriety of being a panelist at the Yearly Kos Convention and a featured guest blogger at the Take Back America Conference in Washington, DC.

I’m contacting you because I found your site in an environmental search and want to tell you about my newest blogging platform —the environmental concern of Asbestos Litigation Blog at www.maacenter.org/blog —where I am looking at critical issues in new light. Our shared concerns include asbestos contamination of the environment, environmentally safe workplaces, green public policies, health, and green building.

To increase awareness on these important issues, my goal is to get a resource link on your site or even allow me to provide a guest posting. Please contact me back, I hope to hear from you soon. Drop by our site www.maacenter.org in the meantime.

Thanks,

Barbara O’Brien
barbaraobrien@maacenter.org

Almost Precious said...

Sooo super, friggin' cute ! Just might brush the cobwebs off my old sewing machine and give this a try.

Unknown said...

I did start making this over the weekend, won't be able to finish until later this week but it is coming out so cute and with such a simple pattern is has been easy to make too. I love these guys, they totally inspire me!