Sunday, August 9, 2009

Going Back to the Beginning

A lot of you have probably noticed that there have been a whole slew of new reviews here at Green Leaf Reviewer. After an extended hiatus from the original purpose of this website -- to find, review and grant Leaf Ratings to as many purported ‘environmentally responsible’ items as I could find -- I have decided to get back into the swing of it again.

The desire to do this has both waxed and waned in recent months but I am greatly looking forward to this new wave of opportunity in the realm of Leaf Rating reviews for many cool products and services that I have had the pleasure of having sent to me of late.

Many companies have been very cool about sending products and all subsequent information so I can properly review the item and I have been so blessed to have this opportunity; to use their phenomenal products and truly give non-biased personal opinions as to their ecological impact. Thank you so very much, I have enjoyed working with all of you and can not wait to see who is up next!

As the one year anniversary of Green Leaf Reviewer approaches this fall I am reminded of all the people, companies, causes, services, etc. I have featured over the past year. The blog has sure come a long way from where it began but it is also more on track than ever as I have this amazing opportunity to write full time and I thoroughly enjoy dedicating oodles of that time to the research necessary to bring my most awesome and loyal readers interesting little Green gems on an almost daily basis.

The blog as of the past few months has become a Sunday through Friday endeavor and has been kind of nice to take off a weekend day that I can spend with Matt, family or friends. In addition it gives an extra day of top post exposure to the Eco Fashion Friday featured designer. With that recurring theme my eyes have been opened to many designers and I wholeheartedly look forward to continuing that series.

Melissa, my sister in law and guest blogger, has been a wonderful resource and although she has not posted a whole lot her own Green fire has been lit and she is blazing her own trail on a more eco path by joining up with lots of local community organizations and even jumping on the board of one! Way to go Melissa!

In addition to her great contributions so many of you have emailed me links, stories, photos, information and even your own stories and I am really grateful you all think of me when you come across something environmental. If it hasn’t been featured yet never fear, there is no doubt it will be soon!

I just wanted to give a quick hey to everyone and keep you up to date on the behind the scenes action as well as to say thank you for all that you do to make Green Leaf Reviewer the cool little spot on the web that it is. Please feel free to share this site with your friends and spread the Green love and if you have a product or service you would like me to review do not hesitate to get in touch with me so we can chat about it!

And now…back to the reviews!

♥love♥

No comments: