Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother’s Day!

Here in the northeast United States it is a sunny day, a little windy and just the right temperature -- the perfect day for Mom! I hope the sun is shining wherever all the Moms are on this great day and if you are a mom here are a few fun, funny and moving quotes to enjoy. To my own Mom, I can not wait to have you over for brunch in a couple hours, thanks for popping me out so we could celebrate with you on this lovely day!

My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.
- Mark Twain

The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found.
- Calvin Rillin

Working mothers are guinea pigs in a scientific experiment to show that sleep is not necessary to human life.
- Author Unknown

I thought my mom's whole purpose was to be my mom. That's how she made me feel.
- Natasha Gregson Wagner

All mothers are working mothers.
- Author Unknown

Sometimes the poorest mother leaves her children the richest inheritance
- Ruth Renkes

Remember that behind every successful woman......is a basket of dirty laundry.
- Author Unknown

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
- Rajneesh

Have a happy Mother’s Day everyone
♥love♥

1 comment:

Julie said...

Tried to post this on Sunday, but my phone wouldn't let me. ... anyhow...

Thanks for sharing these! Some of these quotes are on the adorable cards at MA! Motherhood with Attitude. I don't know how "green" their products are, but it's a mom-run business, & they offer a couple e-cards too. Love em!