Monday, May 18, 2009

An Oldie but Goodie -- The Story of Stuff

Written and narrated by Annie Leonard, The Story of Stuff is a twenty minute movie which takes viewers through the entire lifecycle of, well, stuff. All kinds of stuff. This movie was first released in November of 2007 after Annie had completed about ten years of research into the concept. Her information is in your face but well worth addressing and her reasoning is solid and sound.

Annie describes to viewers in great detail how our stuff goes through the total cycle:
extraction => production => distribution => consumption => disposal
and how it relates to our planet and its resources.

Please click on the picture below to be taken directly to the movie site then just click on Play to watch this incredibly insightful video. Whether you have seen it before or this is the first time you are viewing it I promise the statistics and information related to what we do with our stuff will be astounding.

3 comments:

Bridgete said...

This reminds me that I have this book I was going to give you! I had to buy it for my consumer society class back in college. It's called Stuff: The Secret Lives of Everyday Things. It's very similar to this video. I think you'd enjoy it.

CSD Faux Finishing said...

Ooh sounds like a cool book Bridgete, thanks I'd love to check it out! Could be a good review too :-)

nomadcraftsetc said...

I love that! What great idea.